[3830] ARRL 160 VE3NZ Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 16:34:51 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: VE3NZ
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: VE3NZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: GTA

Total:  QSOs = 18  Sections = 12  Countries = 0  Total Score = 432

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Inverted-L wire antenna, iC-7610 with power attenuator, 200m Beverage N-E.
This was my first single digit milliwatt participation ever. I was running 7mW
during the entire contest. Compare that to my measurement Sunday noon on the RX
antenna: a nearby local (CHTO) AM station's signal is coming in with 3.6mW at
the end of the coax. (No wander I need a BCI HP filter for receiving.)
   My greatest appreciation to the 18+ fellow hams who played along with my
weak-signal-experiment. We almost managed a 1000+km contact but it did not quite
got completed, it did not make it into the log.
My sincere thanks to N2ZX for making extraordinary effort to finish the QSO with
me. I also have to give mni tnx to others who tried to read my signal but failed
because of noise or the condx.
Nevertheless, I got 18 QSO-s logged, the average distance is 432km, N1LN being
the biggest "dx" at 873km.
QRPP works, and it gives me the same feeling when I made my first HAM radio
contact in 1968.
ARRL-160 is a great contest, it brings out the hams with the best ears for the
weak signals. I had a lots of excitement and fun.

Thanks for everyone who participated,
73, Ben - VE3NZ