[3830] FT RUp KM8V SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 5 19:37:35 EST 2021

                    FT Roundup - 2021

Call: KM8V
Operator(s): KM8V
Station: KM8V

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Fairview Park, OH

Total:  460  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 33  Total Score = 39,100

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

Started late, and in and out of the shack due to family commitments.

Saturday afternoon and evening, I was looking at last year's score thinking
there was no way I was going to be able to even get halfway there based on the
number of stations and multi's available.

Sunday morning was a happy surprise with some DX on 20 and 15, but it still
feels like participation this year is way, way down, and I didn't reach last
year's score.

This one needs a multi/2 category like the ARRL RU now, if that was available we
probably would've done it. As it was, I had more fun Sunday than I thought I
would - I wasn't sure how much time I'd even spend on it after a disappointing
Saturday.

I'm not sure what's going on, but it sure seems like many operators, for reasons
that escape me, must be running narrow filters. I can't tell you how many times
I called and called and called split, and then if I moved to their frequency,
bam, one shot with a 599 report. Seriously, if you're running a narrow filter on
FT modes, stop it.

- Icom 7610
- Crappy wires:
- 20m dipole so low you wouldn't believe it
- Frankenstein shorty end-fed you don't want to know about, also very low

Looking forward to the 2022 contest season kicking off!

73 de KM8V Jon