[3830] ARRL 160 IQ2CJ(IK2PFL) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 6 06:18:57 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: IQ2CJ
Operator(s): IK2PFL
Station: IQ2CJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 206  Sections = 50  Countries = 0  Total Score = 19,400

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

First time in ARRL160.

The first night I collected most of the QSOs, around 150.
Despite signals were not loud (in average), I had a couple of hours with decent
runs. The sunrise brought some interesting QSO with Middle-West USA and boosted
signals in general.

The second night was kind of boring. Most of the signals were around the noise
floor, almosy all the QSOs were S&P and some stations (even loud) didn't
hear my signal, just kept calling CQ.
A couple of hours before the sunrise, the already bad conditions deteriorated
further. The band became deaf for me, beside this I heard TM6M working a lot,
but almost nothing heard down to here. So I waited for the sunrise gifts...
where I heard K7UT very weak, but didn't have a chance to work him. Other than
this nothing else, the band went quickly quiet.

Overall, it's hard to break into the USA pileup... USA stations are busy working
other locals most of those I could not hear.
Even sometimes I had the doubt -while running CQ- the callers were not for me,
so I changed QRG many times.

The actual number of QSO is less than 206, I guess by 15 at least. The logging
SW counted not valid QSOs in the total, btw the points are correctly
calculated.

Overall it has been a good experience, althought quite boring overall.
Thanks everyone for the QSOs.

CU in ARRL-DX :)
73's
Luca