[3830] ARRL 160 K7XH Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 6 17:32:41 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K7XH
Operator(s): K7XH
Station: K7XH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 7
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 319  Sections = 80  Countries = 8  Total Score = 52,720

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

What Category do you end up defaulting to when you forget to tell the XYL that
you have an "important" contest this weekend?  SO1RHP2DP = Single Op 1
Radio High Power 2 Dinner Parties  (credit my contest mentor Dan K7SS - thanks
for all your coaching and inspiration Dan WA!!!)

Could not make the effort I wanted to make but had great fun! Feel like I owe a
big thanks this top band season to a couple other guys too who have made a huge
difference in my performance and enjoyment of this 'addiction' -

Jim Brown - K9YC - thanks for the coaching on the design of my Inverted L and TX
choke.  Your pointers on symmetry of my 4 elevated radials and the effect of
that RG400 choke on my antenna's efficiency and pattern have been fantastic.  If
I can hear 'em, I can work 'em - thank you sir!!

Andy - DL8LAS - thank you for all of the coaching on email about proper set up
for my RX antennas has been invaluable.  While I am finishing my chokes for the
upcoming beverages, incorporating your instructions for choking and grounding my
400' Loop on the Ground have made a huge difference in what I can hear. Thank
you Thank you!

And finally thanks to all of the ops who had to endure what probably sounded
like an awful fist once in a while.  I am 100% remote and the 'Robust' (NOT) DSL
circuit at the remote end would "drop a few bits" from time to time
making my responses a little rough to copy I am sure.  Not that I am incapable
of a few errors on my own of course.  I like to send everything by hand..

Lots of fun and looking forward to the next Stew in a couple of weeks!!