[3830] ARRL 160 PJ2T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 8 03:11:05 EST 2021

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG W8WTS K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 23:41
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 894  Sections = 80  Countries = 0  Total Score = 143,040

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The PJ2T operation in the 2021 ARRL 160 Meter Contest was ‘hybrid’, with
Geoff W0CG/PJ2DX at the station in Curacao, and Jim W8WTS and Jeff K8ND
operating remotely from their respective homes in Ohio. We kept separate logs,
and merged them after the contest, so we were all CQ and did not do much (if
any) S&P. We missed four ARRL Sections: NNY, AK, MB, and NT.

Signals from North America seemed weak all weekend, but there was little noise
noted even with scattered rain cells all around the island.  OTOH, the Reverse
Beacon Network (RBN) reported that the PJ2T transmitted signal was pretty strong
in most of the United States and even in Europe!

Geoff W0CG operated shifts each night from the Station #1 position, and kept a
local eye on the hardware of the PJ2T remote station at the Station #4 position.

Jim W8WTS got his remote station working on Saturday in time to take two shifts
on the second night. He used the Win4K3 software interface, but is hunting for
K3 or K3/0-Mini hardware for future use with the remote. It’s expected that
we’ll see more of him generating QSOs in contests when he’s unable to travel
to the island!

PJ2T will again be “hybrid” for the ARRL 10-Meter Contest, with a few more
Caribbean Contesting Club (CCC) members making use of the remote station
facilities to run up a score and reward The Deserving with the Curacao
multiplier!

On-site Station #1:        K3, HF-2500
On-site Remote Station #4: K3, AL-1200
TX Antenna:  Inv-L