[3830] ARRL 10 K4AB SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 12 18:46:56 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K4AB
Operator(s): K4AB
Station: K4AB

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Huntsville, Alabama

   CW:  568    74
  SSB:  301    47
-------------------
Total:  869   121  Total Score = 347,754

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Memories fade, surprising quickly.

Last year was so good. Had high hopes going into this one.  That faded after
watching the band the week before the contest.  Last year, the SFI was hanging
around 100. This week it was 77.

Not only space WX, but terrestrial WX was troublesome, too.  The storm front
which spawned tornados across the country's mid-section forced me to QRT
for a few hours Saturday morning.  But the rest of Saturday was pretty good.
Actually worked a handful of Europeans. I,G,F,EA,DL.

Then came Sunday. Things were slow, until they fell off to nothing.
For several hours, I couldn't even get spotted by the RBN. Congrats to N6IE-#.
His node was the one who eventually got me. Very nice ears.

The band totally croaked about 20Z Sunday here.  But the Florida boys seemed
to be still cooking.  In one 2 hour period, I made 12 QSO's.  I noticed on the
online scoreboard, one of the Florida boys made over 180 in the same period.
The
scoreboard can provide motivation, or discouragement.  It goes both ways.

Congratulations to the guys from Florida.  Some big scores!

73,
Larry K4AB