[3830] ARRL 10 NN1N SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 12 22:02:13 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: NN1N
Operator(s): NN1N
Station: NN1N

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: il

   CW:  497    51
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  497    51  Total Score = 101,388

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Great VHF contest with some strong Es!

I have noisy power lines on all four sides of my lot and various other noises
that come and go from all around which made copy challenging.  Spent a lot of
time adjusting noise blanker settings on my FT991a.

Nice to work a bunch of old friends around the continent.  On Sunday, late
morning, my wife asked me what I could hear.  My answer:  Colorado and Reunion
Island.

What I find most interesting about this contest is that I did not work each
state which borders Illinois:  no Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, or
Kentucky.  I mostly blame my local noise which made ground wave tough.  But
still, I am 40 miles from Iowa.  Where was everyone?

Oh, I also noticed several times when weaker stations whom I called heard NN1N
and proceeded to turn their antenna to W1. Gone, usually for good!  :-)

Toughest QSO was with N6AN, who (I can't wait to see from where David operated)
I sensed was calling me for a while, but all of sudden the local noise let up a
bit and I heard the whisper of N6AN in there...TU OM.