[3830] ARRL 10 W0UA(@K0RF) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 10:30:07 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 21
Remote Operation

   CW:  945    69
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  945    69  Total Score = 260,820

So, Chuck suggests I do the 10 Meter Contest, remoting his station from down
here.  I explain that it’ll be just a casual thing for me, nothing serious.
He’s OK with that, so we set-up the links & good to go.
And, it was all casual, the band pretty flat as expected.  I was doing other
stuff & dropped in occasionally to check it out. At 0Z Saturday evening I
had about 125 Q’s in the log. Ho hum.
But, shortly after that we had a surprise visitor blow into town; Mr. E Skip,
esq.  And, suddenly…the run-fest was on.  QSOs from just about every direction
Saturday evening, with the pipeline SE—KY/TN down to FL & lots in
between—lots of TX.  Well, that was fun—a little life in the party—glad we
got it.  But wait; Mr. Skip apparently had a restful sleep & was ready to
rock again, because…I wander in at about our sunrise Sunday AM, and…it’s a
band full of signals!  This one was everywhere, with a particular pipeline to
Minnesota.  Lots of old friends up there & it was great fun to work ‘em
& say hi.  Lots of close-in stuff, NE, KS, ND, WY, UT, K0KX checks-in from
SD, etc.  Big hat-tip to KL7SB, who stayed with me while I tried too many times
to pull him out—and finally got it.
Shortly after noon Sunday, our downslope Chinook winds (winter phenom here)
blew-in & swept Mr. E Skip (esq) out of town.  As a bonus, those 70+ MPH
gusts at Chuck’s rendered both 10M beams stuck/un-rotatable.  Crickets on the
band again & the party was over.
After WWCW, ARRL 160 & now this…I’m about “Morsed-out” here.  Lots
of fun, though!  I enjoyed every QSO & hope everyone enjoyed it, too…
Geo