[3830] ARRL 10 N4RV SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 11:00:36 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N4RV
Operator(s): N4RV
Station: N4RV

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: Virginia

   CW:  443    74
  SSB:  416    50
-------------------
Total:  859   124  Total Score = 322,896

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Started out attempting to work as many mults as possible, without getting too
involved, as my 6 el KLM 10m yagi @ 110' is struck at 61 degrees ( broken prop
pitch ).
Approx. 80 % of my QSOs were made with a Bencher Skyhawk @ 70'
Conditions seemed OK at the start and I kept at it until the band closed.
Saturday conditions seemed fair and I did have a brief EU opening, and later the
band did open to the Central and Western US.
Sunday was a far different day.  Band opened much later and due to a wind storm
on Sat. night, the line noise at my QTH was VERY bad for the entire rest of the
contest. Conditions on Sunday were poor, with only a few EU stations logged.
Propagation was best described as " spot lighted ", with brief, but
loud openings to various areas of the US. Later on Sunday the band did have a
very good opening to Florida and So. America.