[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 11:21:31 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: MD

   CW:  48     11
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  48     11  Total Score = 2,112

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I'm sure at least one QSO is busted -- I clearly (with lots of repeats) heard
him say "W4xx" and I clearly (with lots of repeats) heard him say
"NJ".  I "know" he's in TN, but I logged what I copied (no
Call History File).

Three segments of about 40 minutes each, Saturday evening, Sunday morning,
Sunday evening.  I thought I'd jump back and forth between CW and SSB, but sigs
on CW were so weak I did not even try SSB.

Saturday evening after nightfall I figured I'd catch the serious locals, and was
surprised to get replies from KS, MO, AR, and GA.  Sunday morning brought NE
(and I heard but could not raise a second NE; QRV SS?)and NJ (Flemington to DC;
pretty good DX). Having the "local" states -- MD, DC, VA, WV, PA --
available helps the score, for the multipliers and for lots of QSOs.

I never heard the FL or SA openings.  I did hear lots of locals working stations
I could not hear.  And there were two callers I could not pull out. :<(

Oh, well.  Low-intensity fun -- push F1, scan the email, push F1, scan the
email, push F1, log a QSO, push F1, push F1, push F1, go play with the
grandchildren...