[3830] ARRL 10 W9XT SO CW Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 15:29:55 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: W9XT
Operator(s): W9XT
Station: W9XT

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  373    56
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  373    56  Total Score = 83,552

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I have operated the ARRL 10M contest seriously nearly every year since they
started in the mid-1970s. 10M is my favorite band, but it has its ups and downs.
 I was really looking forward to it this year after seeing how cycle 25 has been
progressing. But it was not to be. The solar flux has been down the last month
or so and this was back to being another year of a sunspot minimum VHF contest.
I went into it expecting that. Unfortunately, my prediction was correct.

Despite a lot of complaining by many, I think it was slightly above a typical
sunspot minimum event, with a bit more DX. As usual, most of the contacts were
Es. My score is in my typical range for these sunspot numbers. Last year was
much better, but the year before was perhaps the worst one since it started.
Part of the challenge of the contest in these conditions is taking advantages of
the openings that happen. They are short Es, a little scatter, and some meteor
scatter.

I missed a lot of nearby states I usually get. IA, IN, OH.  I finally worked my
only MI station with about an hour to go. It was frustrating to see ops in
needed multiplier states posting to 3830 with a few hours to go.

It was fun at times and frustrating at times. Typical for this contest.
Hopefully next year!