[3830] ARRL 10 AA4LR SO Mixed Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 13 18:09:13 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited LP
QTH: GA

   CW:   1     1
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:   1     1  Total Score = 4

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40/20m trap dipole at 10m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

Operated Friday night and a brief time Saturday morning from Gwinnett county
using a club call. I then travelled to Fulton county and got everything set up
Saturday morning. I had time to make one contact with PJ2T, who was extremely
strong, and practically the only signal in the band.

I did not have more time to operate Saturday. I figured I'd manage to work some
folks Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, I got one after the band had closed. It
was about 2130z and there was NOTHING, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA on 10m. After tuning
around for 30 minutes and calling 10 minutes of CQs with no answer, I began to
wonder if my radio wasn't working. I then turned on the venerable Kenwood
TS-430S, and found no signals on 10m on it.

I had to tune downward through the bands before I finally found some signals on
20m -- but it was pretty empty there, too!

This has got to be the absolute worst 10m conditions I have seen in a long time.
Sounds like there might have been little Es to the northeast from here Saturday
evening, but I missed that opening.

I'm slowly working so I can operate the Gwinnett station remotely. Perhaps I'll
accomplish that this year.