[3830] ARRL 10 W6PH SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 14 18:01:18 EST 2021

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Lone Pine CA

   CW:  322    44
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  322    44  Total Score = 56,672

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3S Expert 1.3k-FA  DXLog
5 el yagi at 60 feet on AB-577 mast

I think I was in a different contest than other California stations.  I did not
hear anyone on Friday night and only worked 6 stations all day Saturday despite
checking the band often.  Sunday made up for it though.  Beginning at 9:30 am
the band opened to all the areas east of the Mississippi River and I logged over
300 stations in about 3 1/2 hours.  At 1 pm the band was essentially gone
although there were still a few contacts to make.  Ten of my 44 multipliers were
single contacts.  FL was the multiplier with the most contacts: 49.  Second was
Brazil with 26 contacts.  The breakdown on mults was 37 US states, one Canada
(VE3), no XE, and six DX.  Only one CA station.  I am a long way from
metropolitan areas in California not far from Death Valley.  73, Kurt W6PH