[3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV SO SSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 18 21:21:00 EST 2021

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2021

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 15:27

  160:           1                 1
   80:          70                 9
   40:         236                11
   20:         351                10
   15:         198                11
   10:          23                 3
    6:           0                 0
    2:           0                 0
Total:   0     879       0        45  Total Score = 263,700

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I love doing the RAC contests from here in Texas.  Just point the antenna north
and let 'er rip!  Far enough away for the high bands in the day time and not so
far away to make low bands a problem at night.  Sitting in the middle E-W wise
is a plus too.

Equipment:
TS590SG, RSPduo for Spectrum Display, KPA1500 amp
Shunt fed tower for 160, inverted Vee for 80, Mosley PRO-67B at 63 feet for
40/20/15/10
Software: N1MM+ (what else?) and K3IT's QSorder program for recording QSO audio
If you want to listen to QSOs made with WB0TEV, go to my qrz.com page.  Audio
files for this contest will be uploaded sometime after log submission deadline.

Friday night started out well on 40m but things got slow after 0300Z and I
packed it in around 0430Z. Highlight was finding a lonely VY1CO CQing on 40m and
got my one and only YT QSO shortly after 0200Z. Did manage my one and only 160m
QSO with VA2RAC around 0330.

Got back on at 1300Z to a slow start on 20 but things eventually took off and
had a nice run on 20. First 15m Q was at 1517 and from late morning to mid
afternoon 15m was quite productive. The real surprise came when I looked at the
bandscope on 10m just after 1900Z and found VE8RAC booming in. NTs are rare as
it is but to find one on 10 blew my mind.  Later VE8NSD also called in on 10m
and I managed to successfully move him to 15 as well.  Odd that I got NT on both
20 and 15 but never on 20.

Mults:
Managed to bag 45 mults and got all provinces/territories at least once with the
exception of NU.  Only got one mult on 160 thanks to VA2RAC. Last new mult was
VE1CNS in NS on 40m 90 minutes before the contest ended. Details follow..
AB: 80-10
BC: 80-10
MB: 80-15
NB: 80-15
NL: 80-15
NS: 40-15
NT: 15 and 10 !
NU: None of it
ON: 80-15
PE: 80-15
QC: 160-15
SK: 80-15
YT: just 40

55% of QSOs were with Canada.
86.5% of QSO points came from Canada.
# of    2, 10 20 point QSOs per band
160:    0   0  1
 80:   38  28  4
 40:  104 128  4
 20:  165 180  6
 15:   77 114  7
 10:   11  11  1

Merry Christmas, Happy 2022, see you down the log.

Victor - WB0TEV
Greenville, Texas