[3830] RAC Winter WU6P(@N6RO) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 00:18:45 EST 2021

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2021

Call: WU6P
Operator(s): WU6P
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH:

   15:  271    140      11        12
Total:  271    140      11        12  Total Score = 44,390

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Leveraged the N6RO station, while Ken/N6RO continuously teach me tips and tricks
alone the way. Nice setup, thanks, Ken.

Friday afternoon 15M is not open, so basically spend time get myself familiar
with station and flows, as well as the necessary setup work.
Saturday work start before 6am. CW slowly opened after 1 hour of work. After a
few hours, moved to SB band for multies. The first few calls, people complains
about the voice quality, which quickly get solved by switching to another mic.
Other than that, the SB portion goes on smoothly, after take into account that
is actually my 1st real SSB contests.

My few take-aways from this exercise ... Station system (Antenna etc) matters,
and Butt-In-Chair time matters.

Thanks for everyone worked me, especially those repeat your calls patiently in
the SSB section, helped me a lot.

It is a fun contest.