[3830] TBDC N3BB Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 08:18:25 EST 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX

Total:  QSOs = 107  Total Score = 465

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Too bad that one of my favorite operating events coincided with the loss of my
"ears" with the SAL30 located about 400 feet away down by the barn and
a little creek being kaput. Waiting on repairs and a new spare electronic
"heart of the unit" as a backup for the future. Bummer!

The major winter storm that passed through Saturday was brutal and noise was
really bad. That, on top of my new "line noise" problem leave me
really in trouble for clear receiving. It was better early Sunday morning. I
seemed to "get out" pretty well with my tower vertical on a rocky
hilltop. But was an alligator and did only S&P until finally, near the end
about 6:30 am local time Sunday morning, I tried CQing and quickly found I could
not hear most of the callers. So ... after one lousy CQ contact, I threw in the
towel and enjoyed what I could. Need to get these problems solved.

Thanks to the 160 crowd for the usual excellent operators on top band.

Local K5PI was pounding away and must have done great. Good for Robert.

73, Jim N3BB