[3830] TBDC W1GD Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 11:03:33 EST 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: W1GD
Operator(s): W1GD
Station: W1GD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Massachusetts

Total:  QSOs = 122  Total Score = 294

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Weather did not cooperate at all!  Sleet & freezing rain loaded my double-L
from my start.  The 2:1 SWR was already down to 1.830 when I started at 2100Z
(normally at 1.850) and was down to 1.822 an hour later.  When I returned at
0220Z, the 2:1 swr point was below 1.80.  I stopped using the Alpha 78 after
2200Z so all the rest of the QSOs were made using the barefoot K3 (100 watts)
and the K3's built-in tuner.  It's too bad there's no way to give those 52
stations the points multiplier for working me running 100 watts!

Station:
K3 + Alpha 78 (for 70 out of 122 QSOs)
Double-L
YCCC receive array