[3830] TBDC WO1N Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 13:03:51 EST 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MASSACHUSETTS

Total:  QSOs = 220  Total Score = 792

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: FTdx5000, InvL at 70'+~3000'Temp-Radials, RX Shielded-Loop, N1MM+

Soapbox :

Finished deploying the usual set of pre-cut radials the day before. Tweaked
the "L" to move up the SWR min from below the band. Shielded loop
seemed
to be working well. Station ready to go but the operator was not.

Started too late as apparent by the Q counts of the usual competitor suspects.

Europe was almost non-existent at my radio, but that had been the case for
several days before the test. Though, clearly, I need better RX
antenna. Have yet to deploy the K9AY loop. Next on the list.

Hacked at it until 0800Z then pulled the plug. Basically no rate at all.

Got up in the 1200Z hour and made a few more Qs with the locals.

N1MM says 8 hours.Thanks for the Qs.

73,

Ken - WO1N