[3830] RAC Winter N9TF SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 19 17:57:03 EST 2021

                    RAC Winter Contest - 2021

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TN

  160:    8              1
   80:   10              1
   40:   44              1
   20:   41              7
   15:   28              7
   10:    4              1
Total:  135     0       18         0  Total Score = 14,292

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Just casually playing in this contest. I picked up the pace a bit Saturday
afternoon when I saw RBN reports coming back indicating I could be heard on my
clothesline antenna. My MFJ tuner got a workout jumping around the bands. 40
surprised me with a 20:1 SWR! The MFJ Versa tuner stayed cool as a cucumber.
Even put in a successful short 10 Q run on 40 at one point! Once I got into it
for a bit, I wanted to see if I could work at least one RAC on each of 5 bands.
Success. First time I actually kept a contest log for this one and submitted.
Usually I just hand out Q points to RAC and log in the general logger. I ended
up working 63 VE ops across all 5 bands. Missed YT, NU, NT and NL. Never saw any
of those four spotted, or ran across them on the bands. Lots of fun!

73 Gene, N9TF