[3830] TBDC K3KU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 20 11:32:23 EST 2021

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3:16

Total:  QSOs = 162  Total Score = 455

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

QRV 0030Z, after the last hour of RAC Winter Contest (q.v.) and Saturday evening
chores.  Antenna feedline was replaced the previous Wednesday; performance in
RAC and here indicate that it's working correctly.

This contest has slipped down into the
fun-but-I-can't-abuse-my-body-and-family-peace-for-it class.  Two hours Saturday
night, and 1:16 early Sunday morning.

Band seemed quiet Saturday night, but propagation not so great.  I think I heard
one European.  Again, a struggle to make western QSOs.  Activity definitely
lower than in ARRL 160M Contest.  (MAYBE the proscription of
"assistance" is a factor.)

One passive highlight: Sunday morning, for the first time ever, I heard Hawaii
-- KH7X, CQing and CQing and CQing.  Once in a while he would answer a loud guy,
but most of us did not get even "agn?".

One suspected lowlight: During one run I noticed that the timing of some of the
were actually working a CQer that I could not hear.  I quit the run.  I expect
to have several NILs from that.