[3830] YOTA K8Y(@W1/JONESPORT) M/S-Youth HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Dec 30 21:54:21 EST 2021

                    YOTA Contest - 2021

Call: K8Y
Operator(s): KE8HBV W4IPC K6BCB KE8SAM K0NH
Station: W1/JONESPORT

Class: M/S-Youth HP
QTH: ME
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Remote Operation

   80:          58     33
   40:   2     173     65
   20:   3     597     83
   15:   1     124     54
   10:
---------------------------
Total:   6     952    235  Total Score = 775,735

Club: RHRDXA

Comments:

What a time!

Amazing run on 20m for most of the contest and early opening on 40m into EU!
We were hoping for maybe a little LP into VK but we did not get it this time.

N1MM gave us quite a scare when we noticed it was not counting the mults per
band but a rescore at the end of the contest fixed our issues and lowered all of
our blood pressures... We jumped from just over 400k points to our final score
of over 700k! One heck of a jump eh?

Congrats to our good friends at 9A12Y and thanks for the good fight on the
bands.

Big thanks to Ray W2RE and RHR youth program for allowing us kids to play with
the big boys on the flagship Jonesport station!

Thank you to everyone who contacted us during the contest and Happy New Year! We
hope to see everyone in the next one!

-Connor W4IPC on behalf of the K8Y team

Also thanks to the USA station who yelled at me for operating in the DX window
and proceeded to set their macro to say "get off the DX window", you
really helped our 80m run at the end of the contest!!!

Station:

Radios: 4x Flex 6600
Amps: 4x Expert 1K-FA (@~800w)

Antennas: