[3830] WFD KI4MZC 1O QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 2 14:42:41 EST 2021

                    Winter Field Day - 2021

Call: KI4MZC
Operator(s): KI4MZC
Station: KI4MZC

Class: 1O QRP
QTH: GA

----------------------------
Total:   67     0       0  Mults = 4  Total Score = 6,644

Club: Gateway A.R.C

Comments:

Kx3 to a long wire, 5w.  I intended this to be a test of my equipment out of
doors in a remote location (no electricity, save battery power, tent, expedient
antenna, etc.) and things went relatively well.  Rain was forecast to start
about midnight local time, so at about 11pm local time I took my equipment back
home and left the tent and the antenna.  When I went back to the site later in
the morning, the el-cheapo tent did not leak much, and the antenna (about 80
feet of speaker wire) stayed up.  The home-made un-un outside of the tent seemed
to be dry, but I'll check the insides later.  I had more in-state contacts than
I almost ever do, except for the QSO party - 6 stations and 7 QSOs, including
two with KR4AE just up the road from me. Oh- I also had a small propane heater
that worked pretty well, but my feet still kept getting cold.  4,500 bonus
points (outdoors, not home, alternate power/non-commercial power) + 2,144 pts w/
mults = total claimed score 6,644.