[3830] CQ160 CW NJ8J Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 3 03:00:59 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 152  State/Prov = 33  Countries = 3  Total Score = 12,564

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-11MP Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
Logger: N1MM+

Beat my old CQ160 score - came close to doubling my previous high score.

I'm still kinda surprised that the doublet gets me out at all on this band.  I
had done a bit of fiddling on the part in the front of the house - since it was
wrapped around the front porch support, I had cut it shorter, which resulted in
the AT-11MP not being able to match on more bands, so I had added more wire back
on, and strung it across the front of the house to another tree (the original
front yard tree support is gone, after having dropped a big branch on my car a
few years ago).  I have verified that the far back end of the doublet is
actually on the ground, which makes it even more surprising that I can actually
get out.

I actually felt less rabbitty than usual this time.  I seemed get more Qs than
I'm used to on 160 on the first call.  It'll be interesting to see how it does
when I make my way through be backyard forest and get the far end of the doublet
back up off the ground.