[3830] CQ160 CW S50C Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 3 05:32:53 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: S50C
Operator(s): S53CC S53RM S53WW S55OO S57AL S57C
Station: S50C

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Domzale
Operating Time (hrs): 39:30

Total:  QSOs = 2158  State/Prov = 43  Countries = 84  Total Score = 1,604,137

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

Radioklub Domzale - S50C is QRV on 160m last couple of years from medium wave
commercial site where is 161-metre high guyed tower with transmitter turned off
four years ago.
The site was operational since 1928!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dom%C5%BEale_radio_transmitter

Our first attempt in 2018 with 5/8 vertical lead us to place #38, Y2020 stacked
inverted Vee's at 90&160m agl #41 !just spectacular installation! , Y2021
top5 claimed.

Seems we finally did something right.

We installed phased pair of 1/4 wire verticals with optional switching singleV
or 2V NW which confirmed to be best performer at current hosted QTH.
Station built in last two months ended up with four operating positions sharing
seven receiving antennas and three local CWskimmers publishing data to RBN.

Contest activity was huge, but conditions below average. Logged 323 NA QSO with
more productive second night. Even last evening was juicy with short but good
opening to JA.
TeamC “known as rate freak” internal goal is to push hourly rate. We ended
with 252 QSOs this time giving us a sense of being exotic DX at least for an
hour.

Congratulations to everybody! Live scores at cqcontest.net and
contestonlinescore.com made race even more exciting and we encourage everybody
using it.

Rig: 4xTS590SG, Redpitaya, Perseus
RXant: HiZ, BOG, BEV

Some statistic: