[3830] CQ160 CW OM7RU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 3 17:45:59 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 29:48

Total:  QSOs = 1000  State/Prov = 6  Countries = 57  Total Score = 316,638

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Low Power after many years of HP. Unfortunately in bad time. Conditions were far
away from those year ago.

I had a lot of time for preparation. I wanted to built Half Sloper, but it
didn't work. I decided to build 2x Inv Vees (1x CW slot, 1x SSB slot). First one
played as perfect example of Inv V, second one played as anythink else than Inv
V. I tried to tune it 2 days... Final design looks much more like Half
Sloper...
A lot of noise on the bands, I listened on K9AY almost the whole contest. First
night with no any NA QSO. Second night a bit better, but still very low number
of NA. None JA. 1k QSOs thanks to nice EU activity and also thanks to
"semi" SO2V operation most of the time.

I'm using DXlog and guys, who are continuing in DXlog support, made tons of
impovements. Especially SO2R / SO2V capabilities are much more complex compared
to 2-3 years before. Some of them I discovered just after the contest, hi.

On the other hand - bad conditions was good oportunity to compare RIGs –
FT-1000 MkV Field vs. TS-590SG. And the winner is: Kenwood. Really markable
diference.

One remark: a lot of guys left out report. Maybe due to be more quick. But
result was: lost of rythm. Yes, I didn't hear other report than "5nn"
for years. But "5NN" is something like "acoustic beacon" of
confirmed QSO, I don't think it's good idea.

At the end of the day: my the worst NA mults number of LP category result
ever...

Thanks to all, who switched on equipments and run!

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 Kenwood TS-590SG
 microHAM microKEZER 2R+