[3830] CQ160 CW OL0A(OK1CZ) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Feb 4 18:33:02 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OL0A
Operator(s): OK1CZ
Station: OK1CZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO70
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1407  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 54  Total Score = 601,552

Having the new vertical antenna I decided to try again in HP category after 9
years.  CQ 160 was a target date for me for finishing the new RIG setup at my
country QTH but I did not quite make it. One beverage installed on Thursday
before the contest in the wet and cold WX. The other beverage installed during
the contest on Saturday PM resulting in several hours missed after sunset.
I was solving various issues, one TCVR antenna input failed, temporarily changed
the RIG that was not hooked to PC so I was hand keying most of the first night.

PA PTT delay problem was discovered so quite some time was lost on solving that.
 PA protection was keeping it off frequently so most of Saturday night I was
operating with the barefoot TCVR at 100W. All problems solved as late as Sunday
morning and the rest of Sunday was finally a pleasure.
Condx did't seem to be at its best, although worked some 100 W/VE, most of them
were from the East coast, Ohio and Texas, no West coast.
Band was really crowded. The last night I was lucky to grab a spot on 1820
thanks to this I got 3 JAs in the log.
Despite the problems I enjoyed the contest. Thanks every one for QSOs.

RIG  Ten-Tec Orion II, SunSDR2 PRO
PA   Acom 2000
ANT  30m shunt fed vertical, 300m NA beverage, 400m JA/AS beverage