[3830] NA Sprint CW K8MR(@K5KG) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 6 23:12:44 EST 2021

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K5KG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

---------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: All Eights

Comments:

A good time. Somewhat screwed up at the start, as I had a few CW messages a bit
off, and I think the keyboard being used was easier than most to also fat finger
the adjoining function key. Host K5KG is having issues with the computer at his
main operating position, so I was at the "multiplier" station, using a
KPA500 rather than the KPA1500.

20 was good for the first half hour, with good signals from the northeast and
midwest. 40 played very well, but signals on 80 were weak and high noise level.
I guess a K index of 5 will do that.

Best multiplier total in a while. At one slow period around 0230z decided to go
to a dead sounding 20 meters. First answer to my CQ was KL7SB, and shortly
afterward KH6CJJ called in. Heard but missed AR and DE. Maybe we need to send
K5GO/ZF5T back to Arkansas.

I hope to work many of you next Saturday in the HamCation QSO Party, the on the
air fill in for the COVID canceled Orlando HamCation. K5KG, W4WF, and I will all
be operating at different 1x1 special event HAMCATION callsign stations.

73 -  Jim  K8MR