[3830] MnQP KE0TT Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 7 09:18:35 EST 2021

                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2021

Call: KE0TT
Operator(s): KE0TT
Station: KE0TT

Class: Rover LP
QTH: 5 cntys

  160:
   80:      88
   40:     231
   20:      37
   15:       0
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     356       0  Mults = 73  Total Score = 52,688

50 watts to a 66' inverted vee up 21' at apex, fed with 300 ohm TV line and an
old Matchbox tuner. Brrrrrr - setups and teardowns were cold and refreshing this
year....  Lots of activity on the bands, with sizeable pileups! Enjoyed the op
times. First and last hour of the contest had QSO rates of 88 and 91 per hour,
always a good time. First setup in Nicollet county was a challenge, with wind
chills, and just the wind alone. I use a 50# deck umbrella stand as a pole base,
but wind blew the pole over before the first Q. So back outside, set it up
again, and quick drive one wheel of the SUV up on the stand to hold it in place.
First few contacts after that were rough, so thanks for your patience.  Should
have waited for my fingers to warm up! After that, drove up on the stand right
away at each stop.  I skipped Steele county, as all my favorite places were
either not plowed, or had a windrow of snow from snowplows in the way.  Kept
driving to Dodge Cnty. Thanks for the fun! C U next time, 73, Dan  ke0tt