[3830] NA Sprint CW K2SX HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 9 17:20:23 EST 2021

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K2SX
Operator(s): K2SX
Station: K2SX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 1.92 h

   80:
   40:   63      60
   20:   57      57
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition#2

Comments:

Not a good way to return after not being in NA Sprint for a few years.  When I
switched over from the FOC Marathon to Sprint, my function keys would not accept
their new assignments.  As a result, I had to send everything manually.  After
two hours of that, my hands gave out due to arthritis, which made it even harder
to send.  At the same time, it started to rain and my doublet suddenly went wild
and would not tune on 80M, even though it had tuned fine just before the Sprint
started.  When I went back to 40M, that antenna also decided to be
uncooperative.  At that point, I issued some profanity and turned the radio off.
 Bah, humbug.  I'm going out and eat worms!  The only good thing is that by
morning the rain had stopped and the antennas worked fine.  Another "Bah,
humbug!"