[3830] RTTY WPX G1N(G0URR) SOSB/40 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 14 14:12:15 EST 2021

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: G1N
Operator(s): G0URR
Station: G1N

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH:

With covid restrictions in place, I was unable to head to my preffered contest
location in Devon. So, a simple 40m vertical with ground radials was hidden
among the trees outside my flat and I am amazed at how well it worked,
surrounded by trees in a dip with a hill to the west of me.
That may explain the lack of USA stations in the log.
Great to be taking part despite challenging restrictions.
Good to find my old mate Phil GU0SUP in covid free Guernsey calling cq on 40m
sunday morning. Thanks Phil for digging my signal out of the noise.
Seemed activity was high, some big numbers being shared.
No VK, ZL or JA heard despite hearing them on SSB every morning from the car !!

Thanks to the organizers for putting on the contest
Thanks to everyone that found my signal
Thanks to the station that despite me saying not in my log, would not work me as
he thought I was a dupe, just work me !!
Thanks to the better half for supporting my contesting endeavors, even during
Valentines day.

73's Stay Safe if you Can, till the next one

Robb
G1N
G0URR
Lymington, Hampshire, UK