[3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 15 09:50:40 EST 2021

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:36

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

As usual on Sunday morning I was running merrily along in SO2R mode when my
software locked up with one transmitter continuously keyed and it would not even
respond to the ESC key!  So I reset the computer, restarted the software and
started operating again.  Fortunately this happened only one timed during the
contest.

Also several times I would lose a run frequency even though my CQ sequence was
only 4.2 seconds long and my report sequence was from 4.8 to 7.3 seconds long.
And invariably when a European station answered (by leisurely by sending my call
as well as his several times) and he was NOT being heard by other Europeans was
an open invitation for another European to jump in and to immediately start
CQing!

And of course I apologize to those of you that I failed to respond quickly to
your call as invariably I had a station on the other radio that was taking a
long time to send his report!

I did have fun but not as much as I have had for previous contests...

73, Sam W4PK