[3830] RTTY WPX NW8S(@KB8O) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 15 20:42:27 EST 2021

                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2021

Call: NW8S
Operator(s): KB8O AB8M NQ8O KM8V
Station: KB8O

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Ohio

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

Finally the contest we've been hoping to have with WPX RTTY.  After a very good
initial M/2 outing in 2016 (as KB8O), we've struggled to meet or exceed that
first weekend.  Some of that has obviously been the band conditions - but we
also struggled with noise in the shack between the stations and Jay has spent a
lot of time tweaking and troubleshooting. Hopefully, we've turned the corner -
even without 10m open and 15m being limited, we were able to post our best WPX
M/2 yet.  The lower bands were jam packed throughout the contest and we were
able to take advantage of that.  It also helped to expand the size of the team a
bit allowing us all to get a little more sleep and to be a lot less fried as we
moved into Saturday night and through Sunday.

Thanks everyone who worked us and that we got in the log!

Station 1: TS-890, Acom 2100, AT5K, FilterMax 4, 160m cut doublet.
Station 2: TS-890, OM Power 2000+, FilterMax 4, 80m cut doublet.
Shared between the stations: High Power transmit band pass filters from Low Band
Systems for 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10.  Low Band Systems triplexer for 20/15/10.
Optibeam OB9-5 at 45ft.

73 from KB8O (Jay), AB8M (Doug), NQ8O (Tom), KM8V (Jon)