[3830] ARRLDX CW ND0C SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 18:13:03 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     8
   10:   11     8
-------------------
Total:  179    90  Total Score = 48,330

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Conditions, in general, made this a brutal slog.  I operated a few hours here
and there, but it was tough to work EU on 20 on Saturday - weak signals under
the East Coast CQ machines, combined with the aurora.  I had more repeats and
requests for fills than usual.

The little 10 meter opening on  Saturday was a pleasant surprise and I was able
to pick up a new country on 80 meters thanks to RM0F's good ears!  (I just have
a dozen more on 80 to get QRP 5BDXCC!)

I had hoped to pick up some more Qs and mults on Sunday afternoon but that was a
lost cause: no EU on 40, 20 was a zoo and there was nothing new on 15.  So I
shut things down to make the pain go away!

Thanks again for those that pulled out my weak, fluttery signal!

Equipment: Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts
Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40' - 2 el on 20, 2 el on 15 and 4 el on
10; Inverted Vee with apex at 38', rotatable 40 m dipole at 42'

73,
Randy, ND0C