[3830] ARRLDX CW K5PI(@W5KFT) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:29:50 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K5PI
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 22:45

   10:   11     9
-------------------
Total: 1532   268  Total Score = 1,208,412

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I normally do this contest from Belize, but the pandemic put the kabosh on that
so plan B was to do it from W5KFT.  And then the ice storms came with power
outages and water problems, so plan C was to do a little from home with my
vertical.  But the weather improved and I got to do a half-time effort.  I took
a couple breaks but mostly stayed in the chair.  Overnight was prime time.

Lots of folks in the area suffered damage but miraculously, everything at the
"radio ranch" was fine.

Conditions were mixed. Saturday night on 40 just seemed lackluster.  80 was
quite good, but 160 never got in gear.

At times, it seemed like the JARL DX CW Contest for me -- my best sustained runs
were to Japan.  Thanks to all FB JA ops who can push the paddles.  They must all
have new radios -- 200W was a *very* common exchange for the guys I worked.

Can you imagine 2-3 pages of NG3K Announced Operations, and some sunspots?!
Can't wait!