[3830] ARRLDX CW K8MR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:38:56 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FL

  160:    6     5
   10:   17     6
-------------------
Total:  464   169  Total Score = 235,248

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Not great conditions, but pleased with the results with an 80M OCF at 35 ft +/-
and a 160 L with two quarter wave radials. Highlight by band:

160: A very high noise floor, -100dbm, so not much worked. Got P44W and FM5BH
toward my only 5 band QSOs, missing 4W on 10 and BH on 80.
80: Worked a lot more EU than I would have worked from Ohio!
40: Friday night around 03Z I found 7015 open, so I called CQ and actually had a
small run with EU calling, plus TF3SG for my only Zone 40 guy for the weekend.
Woke up Sunday morning well past sunrise, but still was able to work VK and JA.
20: Got a 20 QSO run on 14124 @ 112/hr
15: Worked a few EU on Saturday. Gave LZ5R and honest 5N6 report (His signal was
OK on the other bands)
10: Found a weak, lonely 9G5FI on Saturday for one of my two AF QSOs other than
EA8s. Heard some rather loud stateside guys up north on Saturday, but wasted in
this contest.

>From Asia, only three JAs, a few 5Bs, and HZ1TT once.

Still waiting for sunspots!

73  -  Jim  K8MR