[3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:45:40 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL

  160:    6     4
Total:  518   195  Total Score = 303,030

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

S&P. Really just wanted to get on and try to make 500 Q's and maybe get over
200k points. Did that! Good to have something to look forward to with all the
snow this week and last and work a contest.

My second radio locked everything up again, possibly RF STILL getting into the
computer when I use it on 80m and itr did it today on 15m too. Luckily, the
operators I was working were still there when I got back on and worked them
again. Seems like it always it when I am sending my report. Weird.

Nice to have 10m here again! Saturday was good, but Sunday was a bust. I even
got to work some 15m EU on Saturday morning. I was hoping for more on Sunday,
but it didn't happen.

Good propagation to Africa as I work the 9G5 on 15 and 20 and a 5Z4 on 20. I
worked an EO50 on 40 that threw off my computer for a bit, didn't have it as a
country. Lots of JA's and DL's in this one. Even got to work VK and ZL on Friday
night and a TF on Saturday before the pileup came in.

Thanks to all 6 of my 160m contacts! Good ears on those stations!  Worked ZF on
5 bands, but propagation is so bad here in the Black Hole that I missed them on
10m. I did hear lots of stateside calling stations on 10 so thats a good sign
that 10 may open up soon. Lots of stateside heard on 15m too for the first time
in a few months.

Thanks to the club for the information on the bandwidth in the band map.
NArrowing the bandwidth on that helped a lot. Trying to work a station close to
the one I just worked put in the wrong call wheb I just jumped and pressed enter
(ESM) to work the station and then had to clear the previous close in station.

It was lots of fun, but I'm ready for more RTTY! Next week is the NAQP RTTY and
I can't wait, as long as the XYL is in agreement. Painted two rooms this week so
I could contest. I really hate to paint. Anything for radiosport!

73, Craig KD9MS