[3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 21:04:34 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Il

   20: 1398   103
Total: 2446   404  Total Score = 2,945,160

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Propagation was good and bad. Lots of stations to work for the most part. 20m
opened early each day but after a short time became aurora sounding buzz to the
cw notes. Some signals worse than others and some took a bit of concentration
and repeats to copy. K4 peak and you could definitely tell it was not good.
Ionosphere became a sponge and signals became weak. However despite that, there
were some good times and lots of stations to work.

I took some time off to take my wife to dinner and missed a few hours of prime
time but it was worth it. Not sure how much it would have made a difference in
my score but probably less than 300 QSOs.

The morning start on 20m was very good and later some prop to EU on 15 and 10,
however brief. Bands were fairly quiet except Sunday afternoon as a storm moved
in and snow/radio static showed up. I don't think at that time it had an impact
except some weak signals from JA may not have been heard. You could tell that
the east coast was having a much better path to EU on 160 and 80 as we could
have them making QSOs and there was nothing there for me to hear. I had to wait
until our sunset and EU sunrise to get any pickup in signal levels.

I miss the M/2 team and hopefully we will all get the vaccine and be back at it
soon. It is not the same operating by myself. However, it is good to see how the
station performs and make some improvements for the long term benefit of the
station.

Thanks to the NA operators for being so polite. Never once did I run into issues
sharing a frequency. Lots of good radios and not too many bad TX signals noted.

Thanks for the QSOs and great time on CW!!

73, Craig K9CT