[3830] ARRLDX CW K2AX M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 22:27:17 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): KE2D NY3B
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 40:39

   20: 1557   101
Total: 3284   412  Total Score = 4,049,136

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

We wound up significantly behind last year's score.  Overall, conditions were
not very good.  There were some bright spots though.  160m was nice on Friday
night and we even ran briefly.  For a while, we were able to work numerous
stations in Europe with ease.  On Saturday night, 80m started early and we got a
nice run in there for a while.  Then 40m and 80m were so bad for a few hours we
considered quitting and getting some extra sleep.  However, as the sun came up
in Europe, 80m and 40m improved for a couple hours and we were glad we stuck it
out.  While we managed to very slightly increase our QSO totals on the 3 high
bands, the lower 3 were the opposite.  15m and 10m never really broke wide open.
 We managed a few Europeans on 15m but it was mostly Caribbean and SA stations.
Both bands did add to the mult total but we never really got a good run on 15m
like we had hoped for.  We scrambled at the end to just break 4m.  Luckily we
grabbed a couple of late mults and we made it with about 20 minutes to spare.

Reductions vs 2020:

Score -826,119
QSOs  -186
Mults -57

As always, we are thankful to Mark O'Brien for the use of such a great station
and to Donna and the rest of the family for their patience and hospitality.