[3830] ARRLDX CW WS7L SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 01:43:48 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Oregon

  160:    7     6
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  732   189  Total Score = 410,508

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were generally good although the higher bands were weaker than some
previous recent contests. As usual, the contest consisted of a set of really
great periods with 60 - 180 per hour rates and S&P up to 90 per hour,
interspersed with dead times that seemed to stretch forever. At least I made
some progress on a book I've been reading and got the Saturday NYT crossword
done. But the end was good, with a really nice run to Asia on 15 m. It felt good
to at least finish strong. I worked 12 hours the first day and logged about 400
QSOs. The second day was a bit slower as you'd expect, with the remaining 332
going in the log during that 12 hours. I worked 90 countries overall, with
Africa and the middle east being barely represented. And of course the number of
Pacific entities, which we treasure for multipliers on the West Coast, was
sharply reduced due to travel restrictions.

73 and thanks for the Q's.
Carl WS7L
K-Line/1500, DB-18 for 10-20, HF-2V for 40/80, top-loaded vertical fror 160.