[3830] ARRLDX CW ZB2TT SOSB/15 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 05:47:51 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ZB2TT
Operator(s): ZB2TT
Station: ZB2TT

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Gibraltar
Operating Time (hrs): 11h

Total:  528    46  Total Score = 72,450

Very limited setup here, running 100w and Buddipole on my balcony off the side
of an apartment block (high noise floor.)

Saturday - 391 QSOs 44 mults. Band conditions where terrible until around an
hour before local sunset and then the band sprang to life for at least 2 hours,
eventually closing at 9pm local time.

Sunday - Significantly worse conditions than Saturday, with the band actually
closing several times during the day and closing for good before sunset. Sunday
was more like a VHF contest, pulling S0 signals out of the noise. Caribbean and
SA where consistently very loud.

At the moment I am exploring options to get more seriously back into contesting,
here in ZB we are very limited with space. I hope to have something sorted for
the CQWW contests later this year, I will also be looking to get myself a seat
on a  Multi Operator team (Presuming COVID allows by then.)

Overall rates where very low and any runs short lived,

The best 60 minute rate was 116/hour from 1811 to 1910
The best 30 minute rate was 132/hour from 1804 to 1833
The best 10 minute rate was 144/hour from 1820 to 1829

The best 1 minute rates were:
 4 QSOs/minute   10 times.
 3 QSOs/minute   32 times.
 2 QSOs/minute   98 times.