[3830] ARRLDX CW 9A5AET(W2HUV) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 11:52:40 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: 9A5AET
Operator(s): W2HUV
Station: 9A1TT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Sewell, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 31.3
Remote Operation

Total: 1440   177  Total Score = 764,640

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

9A/Croatia (9A1TT) is a www.RemoteHamRadio.com station that members may operate
remotely.  Rig consists of a FLEX-6300 driving an OM2000A+ 1500W amp.  160m
antenna is a 31.5m vertical with a top hat and 6 radials elevated 6m.  A 4
square is provided for 80m and separate beams are provided for 40, 20, 15 and
10m.  W, NW, N and NE beverages are provided for 160, 80 and 40m RX.

This was my first ARRL DX contest from Croatia.  It started out slow due to
excessive EU QRM.  Saturday was the most productive day because W/VE stations
were working me for Croatia.  Sunday was very slow because most W/VE stations
had already worked me on 20m, the only band open until Croatian sunset.  It was
2-3 hours after 20m was dead before 40m opened.

I would like to thank the FRC for the custom Telnet filter they provided for my
location as well as numerous N1MM+ tips that they provided.  These were no doubt
contributing factors to my highest number of QSOs ever in a contest.