[3830] ARRLDX CW K6NR SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 14:07:52 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ca

  160:   17     7
Total:  915   190  Total Score = 518,700

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest as always with decent conditions overall.  I was pleased to
be able to work into JA on all bands except 10.  JA on 160 were few on
Saturday morning, but there were more and stronger on Sunday.  JA stations
on 80 and 40 were plentiful and strong, even some running QRP.  Many more
on 20 and 15.  Overall, 437 of my 915 contacts were JA, good to have all
that activity and favorable conditions to that part of the world (also
worked 70 additional stations in Asia).

Eu signals on 20 were abundant but not as many strong ones as in the
past (125 20m Eu contacts this time, 284 in 2019).  I called CQ on
Sunday and got a handful of Eu responses - all fairly weak despite
each running 500 or more watts.  The exception were EA stations, there
were many and almost all were quite strong.  I called many other Eu
stations with 700 watts and a 4 element yagi who either struggled to pull
me out or couldn’t even hear me.  On 80 meters, I only worked 4 Eu,
compared to 2019 when I worked 55.  Without more Eu my overall mult count
was way down.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.   dana