[3830] ARRLDX CW VK2IA SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 20:26:03 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VK2IA
Operator(s): VK2IA
Station: VK2IA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: VK/ZL

   40: 1513    59
Total: 1513    59  Total Score = 261,960

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Condx on day 1 were awesome. Had a number of good runs and finished the day with
just over 1000 QSOs in the log and all US multipliers worked.

So I started day 2 with a glimpse of hope to beat the OC 40m record. Reality
kicked in shortly after I switched on the radio again on Sunday afternoon to
find the band in quite a different shape to the day before. It was really hard
work to get 500 more Qs into the log...

On both days the band opened between 15.30 and 16.00 Queensland time, about 3
hours before our SS. Good long path signals from Eastern W/VE both mornings, but
difficult to find a good spot at a time when EU was opening to W/VE.

Enjoyed the race with Jacky ZM1A/ZL3CW which he decided in his favour at the
end. Well done mate! Would have loved to see either of us beat the OC record and
take it back to the South Pacific. Well, there's always next year...

Thanks for all the Qs.
73 Bernd VK2IA