[3830] ARRLDX CW VE4GV SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 21:47:08 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MB

  160:    2     2
   80:    6     6
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total:  131   117  Total Score = 45,981

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Contesting from VE4 Land
Another incredible waste of time from VE4 land.

With a K Index of 4, and being unable to work the usual 400 W/K contacts that I
have become accustomed to working in most of the other contests... I was left to
work the Caribbean and S/A with an occasional strong western EU or Pacific
megastation. Same old same old. Boring.  The same contacts I've been working
over and over in each contest during the last 5 years of the cycle. Sucks.
Running EU or JA?  You gotta be kidding me

Then it dawned on me.......Watching the hundreds of unworkable DX stations fly
by on the band map of my contest logging program was NO different than surfing
Porno on the internet.

TOP 10 REASONS why watching Porno sites and watching the band map/contesting
from VE4 land in 20201 ARRL DX CW are the same:

10. When comparing yourself to others, their "equipment" always seems
to be bigger and better than yours.

9. You are constantly being lied to about how "big and strong" you
are. (“OMG, you are sooooo 599!”)...when you know that simply isn't true.
That’s what they tell everybody...literally. .

8. You certainly can't last as long as some of the people you see on there.
Their stamina is incredible and far exceeds yours.

7. You'll never be able to get what you're looking at on the screen.... no
matter how much you want it or try. They're unattainable.

6.There is a lot of noise being made while it all goes on, but as much as you
may try, almost no one hears you.

5. Although you are watching them intently, they aren't watching YOU. They are
too busy.  And even when you finally ARE recognized...they're not even sure of
WHO you are.... exactly,  sometimes they even confuse you with someone else.

4. People on the screen use you, then toss you away and move on to the next one
in line, as fast as they can. You mean nothing to them after they're had you.
Don't bother calling them again (on the same band), they just get mad.

3. "Remote fantasy" is about as close your station will come to
satisfying those deepest desires of being recognized by the whole world .

2. As much as you like to think you aren't alone while its happening....when its
all over, you realize that you truly are. There is nothing left but a blank
screen and a forelorn, unsatisfied feeling. In the end, all you end up with are
sore eyes, sore ears and sore keyboard hands…..and an empty feeling that the
entire effort was a degrading waste of time.

1. Whenever your XYL or partner calls out to you through the shack door, you
tell them “ Shhh. Quiet ! Go away! I’m busy!”.

On to the next one.  Pass the Kleenex.

Rob VE4GV