[3830] ARRLDX CW WN6K SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 23 00:12:58 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SDG

  160:    2     1
   80:    9     5
   10:   12     5
-------------------
Total:  692    97  Total Score = 201,372

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

As noted by lots of comments, last week's Solar storms on the sun disrupted
conditions immensely...watery polar to hard to copy trans-equatorial path
offerings. This was more apparent as signal degradation grew to the pedestrian
rates experienced on Sunday afternoon.

Hoping to make it till Sunday was nothing less than a challenge and reading some
of a Patterson book got me thru the afternoon.

There were a number of impressive "5" watt calls from Japan who showed
up on Sunday and also encouraged me to grit my teeth and to hang in there.

Mults were way down this year but an impressive 21 Euro countries sure helped
from this being a complete disaster. Hope there are not too many of those pesky
UBN problems - can not afford to lose any. My total country count was 54, barely
past the 1/2 DXCC....

Thanks for the sole "6 bander" from KH6LC (my only mult on 160).

A Health note - got my 2nd COVID shot on Wed. at noon and only side effect was I
was tired a lot thru the weekend and took naps, naps, and more naps.  When I
reviewed the 'Soaps' from years" past, I seemed to have had the Annual
Winter Knockout Cold (for this contest)- but this year I did not - probably due
to the hand washing (and wringing)

73 & Thanks,
SO1R AB/LP
WN6k, Paul