[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 24 15:18:00 EST 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Feb 24

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

Total:  96  Mults = 95  Total Score = 9,120

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one started as an experiment to see what could be done strictly S&P. It
didn't take too long to see that the answer was "struggle". I started
at the high end of 20 meters and worked my way down, swimming upstream as it
were, and that was OK until I hit the bottom of the band and then turned around
looking for new QSOs. The bottom dropped out of the rate. I decided to bring up
the second radio and do SO2R S&P with the primary radio on 40 meters. That
helped some, but the rate was still pretty low. Finally, with 13 minutes
remaining, I threw in the towel and finished up the session running on 40.
Couldn't quite break the 100 QSO barrier, but I came close. Back to running at
0300Z. See you then.

73...
Randy, W8FN