[3830] CQ160 SSB K9DR Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 28 16:16:10 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K9DR
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: WY

Total:  QSOs = 168  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 0  Total Score = 14,640

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Hooray! a few points for the club.

Yep, zero countries outside of the Lower 48 and Canada.  Bad propagation with an
even worse local noise level were a bad combination.  Ya can't work 'em, if you
can't hear 'em.  Saw KH7M spotted, but could never copy.  Actually almost copied
a spotted KP4, but an east coast pileup made that impossible. Worked KL7NW, but
he was Kansas or Nebraska...I forget which.  Only worked a few east coast
stations, so missed most of 1st call district, except for MA and lots of other,
usually easy, multipliers.

Just a few days ago, a new noise cropped up which, on the P3, looks like hump of
picket fence.  Wipes out 1880 - 1915 and the peak at about 1897 is S9+ and -85
dBm on the P3.  It's there 24/7, so should be findable and fixable.

I'm starting to pack for a return to Arizona soon.  I love the summers and fall
here, but the Wyoming winters suck.  Now that I'm all vaccinated and the AZ
Covid numbers are dropping it's time to warm up a bit.

73,

Dan - K9DR