[3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU SO(A) RTTY LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 3 19:27:02 EST 2021

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2021

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SO(A) RTTY LP
QTH: LA

   80:    308      0
   40:    660      0
   20:    773      0
   15:    134      0
   10:      0      0
-----------------------
Total:   1875      0  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 60  Total Score = 217,500

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

I've operated all 33 RTTY Roundups and it was another great one. Seemed like
good participation. Conditions were nice & quiet on Sunday. I changed up my
off time this year. I took 5 hours Saturday night and the last hour on Sunday
around lunch time during a slow period. 15 meters was just not quite there yet -
maybe next year.

Second year in a row I missed ND. Someone needs to go there next year. Did get
NT. Thanks to everyone who worked me.

I made 165 more contacts than last year (with the exact same number of
multipliers) and it's due to repairs in the station that allowed me to do things
like rotate the 2nd yagi. Did a lot of work this fall. Fixed the rotor and
SteppIR on tower #2 and had to re-install all antennas after taking them down
for Hurricane Zeta.

I obtained a good used PC and installed Windows 10 Pro on it with an SSD and
retired the Windows XP machine on the 2nd radio. I did it mainly so I could
operate FT modes in the Roundup but when they changed the rules I decided to go
RTTY-only. After all, it's the "RTTY" Roundup, right? Maybe some day
I'll go Mixed-mode. I won't rule it out.

Last but not least, I want to thank my wife, Sharon, for supplying me meals
during the contest. She's the best!

Station #1
Icom IC-756 PRO III 100 watts
3-element SteppIR at 45' on tower #1
Orion M2 RC2800 rotor
Cushcraft D40 rotatable dipole at 40' on tower #2
WriteLog on Windows 10 Home PC
Dunestar 800 band filter (Remembering Ron, N7EA, founder of Dunestar Systems who
passed away last month. RIP my friend.)
SixPak antenna switch

Station #2
Kenwood TS-870 100 watts with RTL-SDR on IF Output - great tool!
3-element SteppIR at 35' on tower #2
Orion M2 RC2800 rotor
80-meter inverted vee at 40' on tower #1
WriteLog on Windows 10 Pro PC
Dunestar 800 band filter

Can't wait for #34 next year. Maybe we'll have 15 back and possible 10 too.
73, Don AA5AU