[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 6 09:18:49 EST 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jan 6

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 50 min

Total:  95  Mults = 95  Total Score = 9,025

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

A lot happened since last CWT.  Windy conditions for days and a 20 foot branch
came down on a couple beverages in the words.  It took a couple hours to clear
it off.  Last Friday there was an ice storm.  The SteppIR elements are pointed
to the ground and the 6M7 boom looks bent.  We lost power for 17 hours, but the
generator (except for the muffler) worked fine.  It had just been serviced. Days
later and there are still 3,000 houses in the county without power. It was
reported that 50% of the trees in town were damaged.  Bucket trucks were
everywhere when we went to town on Monday. It has been foggy and not above
freezing, so everything is still ice covered.  A 30 foot branch came down and
took out the same beverages.  I cleaned up most of the branches, but will need a
bigger chain saw since it is about 7" diameter.  Then it snowed about 4
inches. Luckily no wind.

SWR is > 2.5 on 40 which is better than on 80. I have been waiting for over a
year for a tuner from Flex. Of course, I don't trust anything they say.  No
tuner yet. Ran low power on 40 meters only. The internet which has been prefect
since Dec 17 when we switched to a new company became erratic, so no
connectivity at the start of the contest.  Since the session was a disaster from
the beginning I went out and waved at the school bus because 4 grandkids started
school today after Christmas break.

I went to the top of the band.  Did not feel strong. Had to do a lot of repeats,
and (of course) the Flex would hang when you switched between paddle sending and
function keys.  Glad to get on and look out the window to see all the trees
covered with ice, snow, and frost.

First score of the year reported to Metro DX Club.