[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 6 23:26:12 EST 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 7

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il

Total:  142  Mults = 142  Total Score = 20,164

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Still ice. The generator has been running for the last 8 hours and the electric
coop called to say expect extended outages.  We are comfortable, but the 37KW
generator uses propane.

It was sunny for about an hour today and I shook the ice off the guy wires and
the 40/80 inverted vee.  The SteppIR tips still point to the ground and the 6M7
looks bent.  The 80 4 square verticals look OK, but they are only 24 ft all so
far.

SWR wasOK on both bands. 40 and 80 both seemed good at the start, but there
seemed to be more activity on 80.  Signals were weak out west and there were
gaps, but moved along pretty well.  Sure was more fun than running 100 W into
high SWR antennas earlier in the day!